Tuesday, 23 May 2017

New pain relief

I suffer a lot of neuropathic pain, I understand that it is quite common in multiple sclerosis. I have tried all sorts of different medication to alleviate the pain but nothing seemed to work. Amitriptyline caused side effects of the bowel and when you only move at snails pace you can imagine the side effects without me being to tragic. Gabapentine gave me hallucinations, I saw aubergines floating in the hallway and they had a red halo around them, I was able to get around with a Zimmer then and evidently I stood at the bottom of the stairs watching them before getting on the stairlift waving to them. Needless to say Gabapentine is off the list of medication I can tolerate.
I have now been on a close relative of Amitriptyline for almost a month and touch wood it offers some relief during the day and in the evenings I take a couple of Zapain to take the edge off before bed. I am lucky that once asleep I don't wake even if we get an earthquake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.