Friday, 17 March 2017

I love Multiple Sclerosis

MS the illness that just keeps on giving. I have had Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis for over twenty five years now and I must say in those years I have witnessed my body give up in front of me. Those of you that know me will know I can no longer walk but I do manage the twelve feet or so from my bed across the landing into the bathroom with the help of my zimmer frame. Well I did until a couple of weeks back. I wrote about my fall a couple of weeks back (read about it here) since then I have spent most of the time in bed sleeping! Today was my first day downstairs in a week and I stayed awake which after sleeping both day and night for the previous five days seemed miraculous!
Evidently I look like crap our eldest daughter popped in earlier to see if I needed help getting upstairs and into bed confirmed what others had said even our son who facetimed from Qatar said I looked awfully. So now I am back safely ensconced under the quilt but do I feel tired? No is the answer.
Having slept for days my body is giving payback. I have suffered like this after days of sleeping before. My body feels exhausted but my head won't shut down. I won't take any sleeping tablets they screw with my brain so I am just going to start the last  John Connolly novel in the box set I have been working my way through. Charlie Parker rescued the Day in the last one maybe his luck is going to run out in the eighth book?
At least I managed to get around downstairs in the wheelchair today but going from laying in bed for twenty four hours a day to sitting up the muscles in my neck and shoulders are screaming out to me, even typing this blog post is very difficult so I am signing of and going to read until sleep takes over. Nite world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.