Tuesday, 10 January 2017

New year New disabled shoes

 My feet are turning in, if I could walk I would walk on the outside edges of my feet. And to top it all my toes are screwing themselves up for good measure just not to feel left out. My physio refered me to some orthotics chap and I have now got splints down the backs of my calfs and round my ankle and under my foot all in a fetching shade of black and held in place with colour coordinated black Velcro. Did I ever tell you my joke about Velcro "what a rip off" get what a rip off good joke heh?
Today after months of no let's get Christmas over with I had to finally admit defeat and give in to Heathers "let's get you a pair of shoes"
I reluctantly drove the wheelchair up the ramp and was strapped in for the trip to the disability shop. At least we had the good sense to call the shoe shop in Canterbury she had planned to drag me round. They thankfully had said they had nothing to fit a cyber footed wheelchair warrior and could offer no recommendation other than a disability shop. Hence me be|ing loaded into into car this morning. Off we went to Birchington and despite all the promises the shoes don't fit cyber men from Margate be they wheelchair warriors or not. So despite all the promises all I came away with was a very expensive pair of slippers in a colour coordinated black and yes you guessed it matching black Velcro.
Some things in life never change. Oh I forgot to say we went to where the mobility shop was only to find it wasn't there any more it had moved some five years ago. Thank goodness for Google. Evidently when we got there they moved seven years ago next month so other than black and Velcro so maybe some things do change.
Splint similar to mine but mine is black and has black Velcro and is black so its not like mine at all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.