Friday, 8 January 2016

Another infection

I tried to get up this morning. Heather dressed me and I tried to stand up, after several attempts I finally stood and tried to walk across the landing. My legs just wouldn't move. Heather took my slippers off so I could slide my feet and I eventually got to the stairlift. Once there I decided discretion was the better of valour and asked Heather to help me back to bed. She put me on the wheelchair and eventually I was safe and sound back in bed. My body always stops working when I get an Nigel of an be it throat infection lo or as is this normal a urine infection. I used to be ureatheral catheterised and I suffer infections most months, but just over two years ago I had a supra pubic catheter fitted. In those two years I have only suffered a few infections.

Most of these have shown abnormal blood markers rather than me having problems with a urine infection. My wee smells most of the time, our daughter came in tonight and immediately said Dads got a urine infection. I will have to wait until after the weekend to sort out a blood test. By the time the results come back I will be walking with my zimmer frame just fine and my wee won't be smelling anymore. In the mean time it looks as if it is bed rest for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.