Monday, 3 August 2015

The joy of acid refux

Don't you just love it? Waking up with the taste of long forgotten food in your mouth, you know what it is the moment you wake. Tonight it is a lamb kebab cooked on the BBQ almost twelve hours ago. The taste is accompanied by a burning  in the back of your throat, a burning that runs back down to my gullet and hurts like hell. I haven't had reflux for a few weeks but today's BBQ was held in a park miles from home and the tablets I take were at home. Yep it's my own fault that an hour after drifting off to sleep I am rudely awoken by my food making a run for the exit. I started these new tablets about the time my acid reflux stopped occurring. I even thought those tablets don't make any difference and here we are on the first day I have not taken them with my lunch coming back to say hi. Not only say hi but to wake me from my slumber in the cruelist of ways tease me awake with the memory of eating and enjoying my food. As I became more awake I realised the taste was subtly different! This taste had the disgusting acid back taste, not a background hint but a full on assault. I wanted to this up but being bed bound I swallowed it back. Yuk. Now I am laying here with the taste of peptac in my mouth and my ears are listening to the concert my gut is putting on as peptac does battle with the acid and the food. Heather woke and made me a hot tea and that is churning in the mix along with the cheese and biscuits I had for suffer oops that was a typo should read supper.
Been awake almost two hours maybe the fact my eyes are in need of match sticks to stay open will allow me sleep again? I am so tired I must try. Night folks, wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.