Friday, 22 May 2015

I have become a Merman

I came out of the bathroom earlier struggling with my zimmer frame and bouncing off the door frame, it is my usual method of getting back to the stairlift. As I was doing this , dragging my legs across the landing it occurred to me that I have become a Merman. Mermaids and the like I have always considered to be the work of fiction writers. But Mermaids would struggle on land pretty much as I do. I manage baby steps just dragging the soles of my slippers over the carpet. To turn I drag my legs after my torso tags made the move. I have very little control over my legs,when back sitting in my wheelchair Heather has to put my feet back on the footplates. So sometimes as a disabled person I feel a bit like a fish out of water I now know why, I am becoming a Merman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.