Sunday, 10 August 2014

Home Alone

Heather has gone shopping with her sister so I am here all on my own and bouncing between twitter the MS forum and blogging. The TV is on and I am also trying to catch up on some recorded shows. I have got Melvyn Braggs Radical Lives about Thomas Paine one of the US founding fathers and it strikes me words he wrote around 1778 still resonate now near on 250 years later those words are
"These are the times that try men's souls."
This simple quotation from Founding Father Thomas Paine's The American Crisis not only describes the beginnings of the American Revolution, but also the life of Paine himself.
These words of Paine were about the radical revelution in what was to become the USA but today we have worries coming from all sides Iraq Syria and Gazza let alone what troubles us here at home. My biggest concern at the moment is plugging  my laptop in as the battery has just got to 10% and I now have flashing red lights so life goes on but times dont change just dates

1 comment:

  1. I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted
    at this web page is really fastidious.

    My website ... free home renovation (homeimprovementdaily.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.