Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Don' s slip sliding away again

This track is particularly relevant to me today. Here is the story to keep you in the loop, it all started last night well that is if you don't want me to start 20 odd years ago when I was first diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I had been watching the TV and enjoying seeing Hive alive anyone who knows me will tell you I love Bees and I love honey as much as Winnie-the-Pooh. Well I wanted a shower so Heather helped me get ready and I was all set and stripped off and got myself all wet and lathered up with Dove Soap, even disabled people need to keep their skin looking good. Well there I was looking like a snow man made of soap suds standing in the shower and my legs decided they ain't playing anymore! Grabbing the handrail and lowering myself onto the seat was my first mistake when you have got soap all over your bum sitting down in the shower just isn't the best of ideas. Sliding off the seat faster than Usain Bolt in the 100 meters and the shower pouring water on me at full pelt I grabbed at anything and managed to stop ending up on the floor by wedging myself diagonally against the bathroom floor cabinet and the seat and the wall and at the same time screaming for Heather to come quick and rescue me. All this time adrenalin fuelled my body and I went as weak as a lamb. I used to be as strong as an ox but the ox has gone to the farmyard and been replaced by this soft fluffy lamb. Heather had the bright idea of putting the zimmer in front of me and somehow we got me back onto the seat after a few slips (remember I still had a soapy bum) When I was eventually safe and sound I did manage the two or three steps to my stool and I sat at the basin and had a shave. Now crossing the landing to my bedroom was never going to happen so wheelchair was the answer. I eventually got to bed and took some painkillers then to sleep. Well that is why this post is called slip sliding away I hope your day was better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.