Friday, 20 June 2014

good days and bad days the story of multiple sclerosis

Yep I do have good days, in fact I view every single day as a good day. I used to work with the most cheerful chap and when asked why he was so happy his immediate reply was "your a long time dead plenty o time then for being miserable". So I only do good days and not so good days! T today is a not so good day. I am awake now in bed waiting for Heather to get back from collecting the grandsons from school. I can't get out of bed without her help so here I lay. Whilst waiting I thought I would tell you about last night.
I suffer from reflux a bad type of indigestion heartburn all rolled into one. Last night's episode started as I was reading in bed, I got hot and pains in my chest. I have a very good pain threshold but these hurt. Eventually I called Heather and she gave me some gavescon and went off to make some tea. She returned with tea and biscuits and when I refused the biscuits she knew I was feeling poorly. She then went off in search of a bowl in case I was sick and she returned to her own bed knowing that there was nothing more she could do for me. By now it was 1:30am. and I was tired, no not tired exhausted. I sat the bed up until I was more ore less in a sitting position and nodded off. I woke at 4:50  no longer hot and not felling sick. Great I put my breathing mask on (I suffer from sleep apnea) and got comfortable and went to sleep. And sleep I did, Heather has woken me with drinks during the day and I have immediately gone back to sleep. I am awake now and wanting to get the Day going. Yesterday we had planned a picnic for today that's out of the window now. I need a shower and something to eat. I thought I would share this with you, I expect you have similar experiences but I wanted to let you know your not alone and that a simple blip can write a whole day off.Today has been a not so good day, roll on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.