Wednesday, 26 February 2014

C T Scanner for blood in urine

Well after giving a blood test to check I was OK to go in the scanner with dye in my blood and a couple of false starts this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed I stumped up at the QEQM for my CT Scan. I had to have a full bladder so loads of water was administered and then into the CT room. Transfer from wheelchair to laying down wasn't to hard as the laying down thing raises and lowers and then they popped a cannula in to insert the dye. Why they call it dye I have no idea cos it was clear liquid but dye they call it. The stuff is iodine based and feels warm as it goes in half at first them I was popped into the scanner  for about a minute then the other half a couple more minutes and all over. Wait about for a few minutes again cannula out and off home all in all an anticlimax. I have heard of people getting themselves in a stew of the scanner I have never suffered from nerves  so no can say but for me it was a simple procedure and lovely nurses 10 out of 10 for QEQM and its staff once again. I love our NHS.


CT Scanner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I love to see your comments but will delete defamatory comments.